Thank you for offering to participate in the Mimi’s Mission Secret Santa Program which assists DOWNRIVER WORKING FAMILIES WHO HAVE AT LEAST ONE CHILD WITH A SPECIAL NEED OR DISABILITY. The program, now in it’s 4th year, offers a hand up, not a hand out, to hardworking families in our community who are not able to stretch their budget to provide Christmas gifts for their children or a holiday meal.
Each year, the focus of the program shifts to help certain residents in our Downriver community. This year we have chosen to focus only on families who work 30 or more hours and have a child with a special need or disability.
What We Ask You Provide Each Child in the Family
- Something they need (Up to $30)
- Something they want (Up to $30)
- Something special (Up to $30)
- Something to read (Up to $10)
- And a holiday meal for the family!
ALSO, WE WILL BE ASKING THOSE WHO ADOPT TO PURCHASE OR CONTRIBUTE TO AN ITEM REQUESTED BY THE FAMILY TO HELP THE CHILD (OR CHILDREN) WITH A SPECIAL NEED OR DISABILITY.
What you are responsible for...
- Providing a gift card for a holiday meal for the family (the value will vary depending on the size of the family)
- By Nov. 27, 2019, Contacting the family to coordinating delivery of presents and meal to the family at your convenience
- You and your employees (if applicable) agree to keep all family information confidential and no pictures are to be taken of the family, ever. However, we do encourage you to take pictures of gifts and meal with your staff prior to delivery for marketing purposes. Please forward any pictures to email@example.com.
- Please work with families to ensure a child-free delivery. All unwrapped gifts should be separated and tagged with each child’s assigned number and placed in a black bag so we don’t ruin the surprise!
- IMPORTANT: The family you adopt is not permitted to request anything from you other than what was on their application. Should they contact you with additional requests (including money) or to make changes to their application requests please contact Lisa Vilella directly at 734-282-2462
If you have read and agree to the expectations of our program, we are so thankful for your generosity! Please click the “Adopt A Working Family” button to be taken to the application form.