In 2021, Mimi’s Mission has restructured and shifted focused to primarily help Downriver families with a child on the Autism Spectrum. As of 01/05/2021 WE NO LONGER ACCEPT ANY CLOTHING DONATIONS OR DONATIONS OF HYGEINE & CLEANING PRODUCTS! WE ONLY ACCEPT MONETARY DONATIONS, DONATIONS OF CHILD-FRIENDLY NON-PERISHABLE FOOD FOR OUR BLESSINGS BOX AND SENSORY ITEMS FOR CHILDREN ON THE AUTISM SPECTRUM. THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF SOME SENSORY ITEMS WE ACCEPT:
- New, unused or very gently used items only
- Sensory Mats: These are small mats that each utilize a different texture. Children can then use their hands or feet to feel and play with the different types of textures.
- Slime or Putty
- Steel Pin artboards (not sharp)
- Rainmaker Toys that make rain sounds
- Crash Pads
- Weighted Blankets
- Developmental Toys that help with coordination
- Books with different textures
- Many other items help. A google search of “sensory items for children with Autism” can return lists of ideas and suggestions.
Please note, we are open Wednesday-Friday from 9-3. NO AFTER HOURS DROP OFF, please.
If you would like to donate other items, please consider some area organizations:
- Oaks of Righteousness
- Downriver Foster Closet
- Tried and True